“Education is about children and as long as our efforts are aligned toward children we are on the right path.”Deborah L. Hendrix President, Board of Education
|District Policy Index
Section A Index:
Foundations & Basic Commitments
|DISTRICT EXHIBIT ADD-E
Date of revision:
August 17, 2000
Pursuant to C.R.S. 22-32-109.1(2)(b), the following information shall be included in the annual safe schools report from the principal to the Board of Education for the preceding school year:
1. Total enrollment for the school
2. Average daily attendance rate at the school
3. Dropout rates for grades seven though twelve, if such grades are taught at the school
4. Average class size for each public elementary, middle school or junior high school, and senior high school calculated as the total number of students enrolled in the school divided by the number of full-time teachers in the school
Note: "Full-time" teacher means a person who is licensed or authorized by a letter of authorization to teach, and is primarily engaged in teaching during a substantial majority of the instructional minutes per school day.
5. Number of conduct and discipline code violations, including but not limited to specific information on the number of and the action taken with respect to each of the following types of violations:
For purposes of the report, "action taken" means the specific type of discipline, including but not limited to the following categories of discipline:
* in-school suspension
* out-of-school suspension
* classroom removal in accordance with board policy expulsion
* referral to a law enforcement agency any other form of discipline, which shall be officially identified as part of a board policy.
The report shall specifically identify each conduct and discipline code violation and each action taken with respect to the violation by a student with a disability.
LEGAL REFS.: C.R.S. 22-32-109.1(2)(b)