Harrison School District Two Top 5 Accomplishments:
1. Increased Student Success: The 2009 Colorado Student Assessment Program (CSAP) scores marked the largest increase in proficiency for Harrison students in the history of the state tests.
2. Best & Brightest Teachers: As school districts across America struggle to recruit the best teachers and deliver high quality instruction, Harrison is ahead of the rest through our teacher pay-for-performance salary structure, our cutting edge teaching strategies and diverse programs offered to students. We recently were awarded a $4 million grant from the US Department of Education to improve pay structures.
3. More District Accountability: The Board now manages the District under the Coherent Governance system which has reduced 300 policies down to 29 concise and manageable policies, holding the Superintendent and central administration more accountable.
4. Financial Responsibility: The District has managed the budget well. Despite the cut in funding from the State, the District has maintained its focus on quality teaching and low class size. The District's budget meets the needs of children and maintains a General Fund balance in excess of 23% of expenditures. We are able to do this through sound accounting, philanthropy efforts and public/private partnerships.
5. Innovative Leadership: With its Year 2020 Curriculum Program, Principal Leadership Academy, new staff institute, teacher pay-for-performance plan, systems review, coaching and other initiatives, the Harrison School District is recognized at the state and national level for cutting-edge leadership.